Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Graveyard Speed-Play

As the year progresses to March, we are seeing more and more of Spring winning a battle against Winter for climatic dominance. Yesterday was such a day, and the Playmakers Racing squad took advantage of it with a solid fartlek in Mount Hope Cementary. While some runners are coming back from injury and time off after a marathon/indoor racing season, a few of us who are just really beginning to gear up for racing really got after it. One such notable performance yesterday was that of my roommate Scott (who may be the only one reading this blog :) ) who, despite only starting to run about 6 weeks ago after a 3 month layoff due to a sacral stress fracture, busted out a solid performance that was even faster than when he did the same workout last year. Donnie Richmond, Jake Flynn, and Nick Katsafares are some of the others that were up there with Scott. Great work guys! I'm also going to take a minute to pat myself on my back, as Scott pointed out to me this morning that I ran the workout in about the same time that he did the previous year, when he was well ahead of anyone else that did the workout. So great job self! Keep at it. :)
As the racing season is starting to near, my racing schedule is becoming more definitive. Right now, I am planning on doing a rust-busting race in Port Huron with Scott and Jerome the weekend before Irish Jig, which will be my next race. After that, the Martian 10k at the beginning of April will probably be my last road race before heading to the track, with EMU twilight and Hillsdale Gina Relays on the Schedule. After that, I'll probably run either at Concordia or the University of Michigan, before returning to the roads at the Bancorp mile. My next race will be a mile put on by Playmakers during the Junior High Honor Roll Meet. I hope to find an 800 m to race shortly after that. My Spring season will likely conclude in Indianapolis, where I will be running in either the AMC race series or USA 8k champs, depending on how my season is looking at that point.
With a racing schedule more or less put into place, its time to start getting after it. I have some pretty high goals for this season, and its time to get after it. Lets get ready to blaze!

...I'm such a dork.  :)

Next up: Cross-training

No comments:

Post a Comment