Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm Awesome

Every now and then, I forget how awesome I am. Just thought I'd remind everyone. :)

Running has definitely been going well. Last week was pretty solid. I put in 69 miles in 6 days (and after today, my rolling total will be 77 or 78 mpw, a little higher than I would like), with two quality workouts. The first workout was a 3 mile tempo run, something that I really struggle with, in 5:08, 5:16 and 5:16. Easily the best tempo run I've ever done. The next day was an easy "10 miles at 6:20 to 6:30 pace" with my roommate. It was so easy, we finished it in 59 minutes and 20 seconds! :) Scott, you're a tricky one... The next day I did 8x800 with Scott in the parking lot around our apartment. I don't want to say that it was windy, but it did remind me of Nebraska... so, yeah, it was windy. We ran them in 2:16, then low 2:20s for the next six, and finished with a 2:17. Scott was pretty excited about how the workout turned out. Honestly, I was more excited that I kept up with Scott than with the actual workout. Part of it may be that I really haven't done a whole lot of workouts like it.

Wanna know what is not awesome? Going all the way to Ann Arbor to watch someone run, then missing the race by minutes. I went down there with Jake Crowe on Saturday to watch his run. I had to get in a substantial (but easy) run, which I planned on doing before the race. So after Jake ran his two miles for a warm-up, I proceeded to run 3.75 more before I watched him run. Somehow during this time, the meet got approximately 30 minutes ahead of schedule (it was already 15 when Jake went to warm up). I finished the run as Jake's race was finishing. Of course, I wasn't even aware that he was running when I walked in...

Other things... had to call the insurance and MSU health team today to figure out why they were billing $1000 for an MRI I had in October. Still not sure why. According to the insurance company, they sent a check, while the MSU health team don't have this on their records. Now I have to remember to call them next week to see if anything is being taken care of.

Looks like my next run is probably going to be the Irish Jig in Grand Rapids. Wish I could go home to run in the Shamrock Shuffle, take down the record, etc., but I can't justify paying >$350 dollars for a two day trip home. Especially if I end up having to pay $1000 for an MRI. :(

Well, I'm about to go run in the first snow of second winter (damn you, groundhog, with your incorrect weather predictions). I like winter. I really do. But only for 2 weeks. Then it needs to go away. And stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment