Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucky

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! While I may not have Irish blood in me (not enough to call myself Irish, anyway), I do hail from O’Neill, Nebraska (the Irish Capital of Nebraska), and home to the world’s largest shamrock! As such, this holiday will always hold a special place in my heart (maybe not quite as special as Independence Day is to Tim Thurber, see picture below, but still special, none-the-less).

I consider myself a very lucky person (it’s just that not all of my luck is good luck ☺). Seriously though, I’m getting paid to further my education, almost 3 years after graduating from undergrad, I’m still running at a high level and enjoying it, I have great friends and training partners, and a family that cares about me. Also, as I was writing this, I found a quarter. ☺ So I am indeed a very lucky person.
Running update: For the most part, things are going well, although I did drop out of the workout on Tuesday early (after 2 repeat miles instead of doing 5). Going into it, my left ankle had been feeling a bit off on the last two runs. I’m probably just being overly paranoid, but after the near stress fracture in the fall, I would rather be safe than sorry. I wouldn’t really describe what I am feeling as pain, more of a “hollowness” in my ankle joint. What scares me is that is how the stress reaction first felt like (before it became outright pain, anyway). This is in the opposite ankle, so it is less likely to be a repeat injury.
Finally, since it’s St. Patrick’s day, and because MSU plays in the first round tonight: Go Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment