Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It... is... alive!!!

Hello to all of you out there in internet land. As you may recall from my last blog entry, things hadn't been going exceptionally well: I had (okay, chose/decided) to take two consecutive days off because I was feeling tired and run down. I also had a few other things to complain about (mostly because I just wanted to complain). Although things aren't completely back to awesome, things are looking up. First off, after a near scare, my phone is once again alive and operational. Thanks to all of you who suggested the rice method for drying the phone. Since I didn't have any rice immediately available, I used wheat flour instead. It was a tad messier than the rice would have been, but it apparently worked. I was a little worried because a giant water droplet was visible under the main screen. The screens on the phone are still slightly marred, but the phone has been operational for a day, so I'm optimistic for the future.
Secondly, I did a workout yesterday with Playmakers Racing team. It was 4 x 1600 meters with an 800 meter jog in between. The workout wasn't a great success in the sense that I did not kill it (my splits were 4:46, 4:52, 4:51 and 4:45). It was a success in the sense that I actually finished a workout for the first time in two weeks.
My legs are not feeling great going into this weekend (my calves are really sore), where I will be racing the Martian Meteor 10k. I'm not sure what to expect coming into this race. It will be the first time that I will be racing a 10k (or anything serious over an 8k for that matter). I can see myself running anything from 31 minutes flat to 33 minutes. I'm hoping to hold five minute mile pace, so wish me luck.
One last thing: those of you who have seen me the past month may have noticed a growth under my chin (and if you looked really closely, something under my nose... that's a joke. I can't grow a mustache... it's funnier because I had to explain it. :)  ). Well, the growth is no longer there. In relation to this, I would like to take a moment to scold those of you who let this go on for over a month! After seeing a picture of myself with the goatee, it was clear that what was a bad decision only became a worse decision when I decided to give myself a haircut, resulting in a look that was clearly not right for me. So to this end: Shame! Shame on you, for letting me mar my awesomeness with a look that was clearly the antithesis of awesome! Shame!
Blaze on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment