Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October workout #1

I thought that I'd share with everyone that I officially have done my first workout since September! I can't say that it was anything earth-shattering, but still newsworthy. It consisted of a 16 minute warm-up, followed by 10 x 3 minutes hard, with one minute of light jogging in between reps... or at least this is how it was intended to be. The last few intervals were, uh... altered by a force of nature more powerful than I. Regardless of this, I managed to put in a total of 30 minutes of hard effort. I even cut some of my earlier rests short (although nature's call lengthened some of the later rests). All-in-all, I'm happy with the effort.
Other things of note: my ankle is actually starting to feel better and more stable. Whether I circumvented a serious injury by taking a couple of weeks off, I can never know for sure, but hopefully this indicates that I'm actually starting to learn from some past mistakes.
I think I may have found a new favorite pair of shoes, although I can't actually tell you what they are yet, because I am wear testing them...  :) Lets just say that they're not your typical name brand running shoes. However, I do think that they could be improved on.
Until next time, blaze on!

No comments:

Post a Comment